Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I had tingling in hands and feet and dry mouth at 4:30 am.

I had tingling in...

I had tingling in hands and feet and dry mouth at 4:30 am. Fell getting out of bed. Took blood glucose and it was 398. Blood pressure was 192/97. Heart rate 105. Have recently changed to Humolog and having side effects. Have been trying to see doctor but cannot get an appt. what can I do for now?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Yes my mom and dad both died from heart disease. My health was doing much better until I got in Medicare gap and cannot afford Victoza and Rapatha. Now everything is worse.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Arthritis, gout,

10/21/2017
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actuailly the two readings that you have mentioned of a 398 glucose and 192/97 BP are extremely high. At levels this high for either of them you can develop various complications, these can include,

Heart attacks

Strokes

Loss of consciousness

Renal failure

Damage to the intestinal blood vessels

Secondly at these levels you need to have your insulin adjusted and need to get this evaluated AS SOON AS POSSIBLE because of the reasons i have highlighted above.

I would STRONGLY suggest that you head to the ER or urgent care and get these things under control with the help of IV medications.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)
Thank you. I will go to the ER.

You are welcome, best of luck!