Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have an indent on my lower left leg above ankle and it's…

Customer Question
Hello there, I have...

Hello there, I have an indent on my lower left leg above ankle and it's like my muscke is retracted and looks like a hole . I also had 3 bulging disc last year and now I am fine .I just recently have full mri of spine an it's seems all clear now. I just don't why I'm getting this pain in lower leg . Buzzing burning tightness etc it won't easy at all with streches or anything , any advice would be great thank you

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nope had complaints of sciatic for 7 years but all seems good now

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Health
10/21/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 8 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

Please post a picture of indent?

Were any investigations / medical imaging done?

37 male
Not of my leg as off yet
Did u get picture ? It seems like when I lift my foot upwards it happens, but it doesn't go away has been here now 6 months

Got the picture.

I am reviewing it.

You should be investigated for mononeuropathy or peripheral neuropathy. Following investigations may help you diagnosing it;

1) Electromyography/nerve conduction studies (EMG/NCS)

2) blood glucose, glucose tolerance test and glycosylated hemoglobin

3) serum B12 level with methylmalonic acid (with or without homocysteine),

4) serum protein electrophoresis

5) Anti-nuclear antibody

6) Lyme testing

7) Rheumatoid factor

8) Sjogren's syndrome testing (Anti-Ro, Anti-La Antibodies)

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Ok so it do with my nerves or muscles? What do you think it's related to my back problems??
Thanks for your advice .

It may or may not be related to back issue.

Sometimes MRI may be normal but still there may be pinching of the nerves which can only be detected by nerve conduction velocity study.

This is more likely to be nerve issues than muscle problem.

It is privilege assisting you.

Thanks I'll book an appointment for nerve conduction studies then asap .

You are most welcome.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Stay blessed.