Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have a new painful hard bump on the interior of my,nose…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a new painful hard bump on the interior of my,nose cartilage, the septum. Its getting more painful. I have had allergies the last couple months and a nose bleed on this side a couple weeks ago.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Pain about 3 days. Anything my,nose makes it worse, washing my face, blowing my nose, breathing hard

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have been using flonase, zyrtec, and singulair

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Health
10/20/2017
Health Professional: Eric Goldstein, Doctor (MD) replied 8 months ago
Eric Goldstein
Eric Goldstein, Doctor (MD)

Hello. My name is***** and I just read through your question.

Sometimes after nose bleeds we can develop something called a septal hematoma. These can possibly develop into abscesses. But even if it doesn't, it has to be drained. These typically do not resolve on their own. An ENT is equipped to do this. It is worth being evaluated by one to help alleviate this problem.

waiting for it to go away won't help? I need to make a specialist appointment, not a primary care?

Waiting for it to go away is not a good idea. However, I would go to your primary first and have it evaluated before you went to the ENT.

Please do not forget to leave a rating

Thank you