Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Is it possible for VURTI to become bacterial and cause

pneumonia??...
Is it possible for VURTI to become bacterial and cause pneumonia??
10/20/2017
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Do you mean upper respiratory tract infection?

I went back to my dr and was told I’ve developed pneumonia and my blood pressure is 139/91 my temp is 40.1 Celsius my O2 stat’s were 90% on air and my heart rate was 140 bpm.
They said they didn’t have any drs that could see me and I can’t see one till Tuesday but I’m worried about waiting that long as I feel very unwell.

Your symptoms and manifestations do point that you need investigations like chest x-ray and blood work.

Upper respiratory tract infections can cause pneumonia and can be bacterial infection.

You may consider going to hospital emergency room / accident and emergency (A&E).

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thank you I will go to the emergency dr and get seen. I appreciate your advise.

You are very welcome.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)