Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have a hard knot on my lower left side more toward the…

I have a hard knot...
I have a hard knot on my lower left side more toward the back right above the waist. It started becoming very sore to touch. It has black small dot that resembles a mole. Very small in size the black dot........the knot is about a dime size. I have been to the emergency room twice this past weekend & the first diagnose was a Cellulitis & the ER Doctor prescribed me some antibiotics.....the second ER Doctor in Texas were I traveled home to diagnose me to have a abscess & also prescribed antibiotics....... I don't know either diagnose to be correct. I have an follow up appointment with a Internal Medicine Doctor on this Thursday.
10/17/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

I sent the picture

Got it--thanks

Definitely an abscess there

Sometimes antibiotics alone will resolve that but most often it needs to be lanced to get the pus out to really give the antibiotics a fighting chance to clear the infection

If you're not running a fever, Thursday is soon enough to see your doctor and have him drain this

Please let me know if you need any more information

Thanks!! Even If the abscess is still hard without any pus?? It's not soft

These can be hard with a lot of pus in them

My pleasure

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Ok! Thanks again

Call on me anytime

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)