Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I just had my blood pressure results and my results were 106…

Customer Question
I just had my...
I just had my blood pressure results and my results were 106 over 45 with pulse at 58. I am 71 years old. Is the above results normal. The LifeSource meter gave a green light. I am asking for your opinion, because I just read that your answer concerning diastolic should not be below 65 and mine is 45. Am I in danger? Thank you for your help.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/15/2017
Health Professional: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and i will help with your query.If this blood pressure is taken by an automatic blood pressure machine,rest assured your BP is normal.Very often it is difficult to assess where the sounds start or end when taking the diastolic pressure is being taken.An error of 10 -15 mm of Hg may occur,since the Systolic BP is normal,I would assume the diastolic to be around 58-60mm which is normal.

Thank you, ***** ***** peace about my heart condition now..

You are welcome,please give me a 4 or 5 star rating of the stars above and to the right of your answer box,thank you.