Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Dr chip we almost at Philly but I have a problem for past…

Dr chip we almost at...
Dr chip we almost at Philly but I have a problem for past two days my right ear has been bothering me . Tuesday when I saw Dr they didn't see anything.but at that time it didn't hurt .can u die from ear infection ,and do u need antibiotics .
10/13/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

No you don't die from an ear infection

As for whether you might need antibiotics I can't say since I can't look in your ear

But when ear hurts u need to be at Dr right away?

No--give it at least three days

I didn't see ur response

I said give it three days

Any home remedies

Not really

if ear hurts only Dr will help it will not go away on its owb

Usually it does go away on its own

But won't cause brain damage

Never

Dr chip help I got back from Philly all day headache I took 8 advils .still discomfort bin ear .I am so scared can u give me ideas what can it be

I can't look in your ear so I can't say whether or not it's an infection

But nothing serious either way--if it still bothers you by Monday that's time enough to have your doctor check it out

But what about headache can it be because of ear ,or just my regular headache .and also with adults ear infection doesn't cause bad things on other organs

Just your regular headache

And no, ear infections in adults don't harm other organs

Dr chip I just woke up and headache is still present.whrn I press on a ear and take my hand off I don't feel pain but now with all the fears it dint know anymore.but headache is it just headache or something more sinister
I just got up u mean I sat up and my head hurts more and neck .and ear I feel it's like tickling there and itching

Nothing serious

no aneurism and no infection in brain

Neither one

Dr chip help help .I got a call from a friend she asked how I was feeling after a cold I said better with throat but my ear bothers me I said I will wait till Monday day to go to Dr .she sends me text I guess she copied from an article that if u have ear infection and it's not treated u can get miningitis ,paralisis,and adults get some kind of meniegre disease .what the hell I am scared
Dr chip did u get my msg
Dr chip u here

You won't get meningitis

Dr chip I didn't eat alot during the day yesterday and then after 7.30pm ate quite heavily all night I felt this heavinss and bad feeling in upper stomach .why is that and how to get rid of it
also I again didn't sleep all night maybe 3hours I am worrying
Dr chip I am in a bathroom now with very very bad cramps and diarrhea ,I don't understand why my stomach is so bad or sensitive to everything

What did you eat last night

Two sandwiches,two large cookies ,one chocolate bar ,one plum ,and two persimmons

When you say diarrhea what do you mean?

It wasn't watery ,I had alot of cramps ,and bm was soft , horrible smell and alot of it .

That's really not diarrhea then

Ok so why so much cramping ,cold sweats ,and smell is horrible .and what I ate wasn't right am I correct?and what u say about my sleep or lack of it

We've talked about the sleep before and as I've said before you probably have irritable bowel syndrome

should I go back again to gastroenterologist I don't want to have another upper endoscopy

No need for that

Ok Dr a couple of questions one if I sleep very very little how bad is it for my brain,heart ,mental health? second my ear didn't hurt yesterday ,and today was ok then a couple hours ago I use q tip and it started bothering me ,and also when I press under my love it bothers me,and third again how damaging it is if I can't stop eating sweets

Not bad for any of those

The sweets won't kill you

Ok but what is this discomfort I feel in an ear ,and especially when I used q tip and when I press under love near joe

Love near joe?

Sorry .under lobe closer to jaw

Might be an inflamed node from an ear infection

Ooo but I still didn't go to a Dr .how bad is it.

Not bad at all

do I go to a Dr ? Or what do I do
It didn't hurt yesterday and half a day today and now it's discomfort not pain ,no fever ,ear is not hot to the touch

Then there's no need for a doctor

even with discomfort I don't have to ?so with infection I would have a fever ?

Yes you would have a fever

Dr chip so I woke up today and I feel the tickling in my ear that is why I used q tip yesterday also but so far no pain ,no fever ,abd still if I press under my ear it's a discomfort .what u think .and also Dr chip if I had all heart and stomach tests done in January should everything be repeated again in January

No to the tests

And your ear sounds fine

But hypothetical if I do have an ear infection and don't go to Dr and it will go away on its own will I have any harm

Usually they do go away on their own and no harm done

Dr chip so two new fears so today I am home and doing housework so when I breath it feels like needles and second I told u before I have pains in my legs and I also hit my legs alot so today I saw on TV one actor died from blood clot and he had pain I. Legs and disease thrombo something so now I am shaking

You don't and never did have a leg clot

I didn't but it's one of my fears along with heart and aneurism ,if I sit or lay for a while can u get clot .and if I have pains or if I hit legs

No you don't get clots that way

How do I know if I have that clot disease.

You never will with the way your mind works

I am sorry I didn't understand the last reply

You've got this irrational fear of clots and no matter what any doctor tells you--that you don't have them and you don't have any risk factors for them--you constantly think that's a problem

U right I know I always touch my legs and check for swelling ,and every time I read or hear some one die from it or pe i get petrified

You need to let that fear go

Dr chip I drove my daughter to gymnastics and now driving back and got an attack

Just work on slow deep breathing

Why do I still have them while driving it's not all the time but still

Nothing at all physical about that

Dr chip all day today and yesterday I feel this thirst and this weird feeling on my tounge and inside mouth when I touch it it's dry and feels weird sometime when I eat persimmons I get this feeling but I didn't eat it
I usually get this yucky feeling when I take Zoloft but it goes away and today no and I am afraid I will die of a shock and I keep licking my lips but tounge feels dry and funny

Die of shock?

The allergic one

Where'd you get that idea?

U probably know what I feel and can u tell me what is it
In my head

Sounds like you're just a little dehydrated--just drink some fluids

I have been drinking hot tea or warm tea .but why is my tounge feels ripply and dry and around my mouth too

Then it's totally in your mind

No no .let me explain I don't know if u eat persimmons but sometimes when u eat them u get same feeling ur tounge and around mouth is very very dry and no matter what I drink it doesn't go away ,well that's what I feel only I didn't eat that fruit ,today I ate sandwich ,dark chocolate with almond,cookie with cranberries ,pear

There's nothing worrisome with any of this

But my question is do u understand what is it I am experiencing ? It's not deadly reaction and how to get rid of it .

It's not an allergy and you aren't going into shock

Just suck on some hard candy or chew some gum

Time for a rating

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)