Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Thyroid uptake scan with 276uCi of 1-123 findings were -

Customer Question
Thyroid uptake scan with...

Thyroid uptake scan with 276uCi of 1-123 findings were - there was a punctate area of increased radiotracer in the right upper pole . There was a large focal area of increased radiotracer uptake in left mid pole . Remainder of the left lobe was photopenic . After 6 hrs there was 15.7 % radionucleotide uptake . Normal 5-15 . After 24 hrs 32.7% uptake . Normal 15-35 % . As a note I'm hyperthyroid . I would like to know what this is and best plan of action .

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Well right now with the methamazole I'm about normal i.n thyroid levels except tsh is 0.091

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your levels checked? Have you noticed any weight loss or weight gain?

Just checked them Friday . 2 years ago before going it through me into a fib . Their was a big delay on the uptake test since heart Dr started methimazole and I couldn't do the scan . Is this uptake test go along with Graves or perhaps a toxic goiter

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Originally the peridase antibodies were elevated but not the thyroid stimulating immugloblin . Is this uptake more in line with Graves or something else . Should I be concerned with the photopenic area

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Health
10/5/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD) replied 11 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD)

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Do you have the entire report by chance, as in the readings from the radiologist?

Please let me know if I can expand on this answer further.

Otherwise, please click on "Rating".

Please let me know if you still have further questions.

Otherwise please click on "Rating" when ready.