Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Sharp pain at 4am after urinating. Last couple seconds where…

Customer Question
Sharp pain at 4am...

Sharp pain at 4am after urinating. Last couple seconds where sharp pain was. Then came back to bed but then had really sharp pain to the point where my body went Cold and sweaty. Then went to the bathroom and after going bathroom felt bit better but now puking grey colour bile and Andy thing I eat I can't keep and stomach feels sores were on day 3

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Nothing really warm drink helps

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Health
10/3/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD) replied 10 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD)

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

May I ask how old you are?

Also, male or female?

Any family history of kidney stones?

Thank you
28 female
No kidney stone history

A urinary tract infection is a possibility. Have you recently had intercourse? That's a common cause of a UTI.

How's the pain now?

Any blood in the urine?

Iam married but we have protected intercourse last time was 5 to 6 days ago.
There is no blood in urine. Now I feel like my belly is pumped and my stomach is stretching abut I haven't ate anything. And my stomach sore. Poo was softer today before the poo was harder.
My urination is fine. Just the day it started the last couple of seconds hurt my belly but never ever after that

I suspect you have a kidney stone from what you're describing. I would recommend drinking a lot of water. It doesn't appear to be anything else more serious and most stones pass on their own.

The pain is in lower stomach tho

Sure, that's where the pain would be, generally in the bladder.

If it's bladder infection you'll have lower back pains, blood in the urine and intense burning every time you urinate.

You can do a home UTI test, there are kits available over the counter.

to ease the pain. What can we do to help ease the pain and reduce the bloating of stomach
iam also allergic to dairy stuff and I had sour cream the day the pains started.
I also have black stool but I was thinking that was because I was having pepto bismol
my stool colour today was abnormal colour
Normal colour

What color was it that seems abnormal to you?

Sorry that was a typo. The colors before today was black but today the stool was softer and normal color

What's the color now?

Could it not be IBS

With IBS we would normally see mucous in the stool not really color changes?

Brown light brown. When I go to bathroom first I pass gass and then release stool and after I release stool I feel a bit better for some time

That doesn't sound abnormal. What's your concern with the stool, it doesn't sound too concerning so far.

Sorry I didn't mean to say abnormal I meant to say today was normal. But my stomach feels really bloated and stretched and I keep feeling like I have to go to the bathroom after I eat. Like I had green tea and it feels like it went to the bottom of my stomach and the gas is coming up

It could be a stool issue but even a kidney stone can cause the urge to want to defecate.

What's the best thing you can recommend to do at this point.

I would wait it out and give it another 1-2 days to see how it changes.

Ok

If it's a stone it will get a little more frequent.

If it's a UTI you will have constant burning.

But I don't see anything dangerous that would require urgent further testing.

Please click on "Rating" when ready.

If you have further questions please post them here.

Please let me know if I can expand on this answer further.

Otherwise, please click on "Rating".