Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Left side of my Labia minors is swellon and in pain. It

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hi Doctor's...

Second opinion] Hi

Doctor's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

Left side of my Labia minors is swellon and in pain

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

It develops few days ago

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No injuries

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Health
10/3/2017
Health Professional: Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD) replied 10 months ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Hi, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I’m Dr Ted Manos M.D., obgyn. I can respond shortly.
If the swelling is like the size of a pecan nut or a walnut, then it’s most likely a bartholin abcess that may or not drain on its own. You should be seen by a gynecologist as it may require minor surgery to drain it properly or it may recur if not handled right.