Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I had a migraine early this morning, around 5 or 6 am, and…

Customer Question
I had a migraine...

I had a migraine early this morning, around 5 or 6 am, and then I started throwing up. Now it's almost 12:30 and I've been throwing up every 20 to 30 minutes. The migraine is mostly gone. I can't figure out why I keep throwing up.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Episodic

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

The nausea was just this morning and now

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Health
9/30/2017
Health Professional: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 7 months ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

your vagus nausea nerve may be overstimulated at this point

your stomach could also be inflamed from your prior vomiting

you need something to break the cycle of vomiting

you should see a doctor and get strong prescription antinausea medications like odansatron or zoftran and strong stomach acid reducing agents like nexium or prilosec to help decrease your vomiting.

these medications will definitely help you

let me know if you have questions.

Thank you. I took Excedrin and am feeling much better.

that is good

you can use over the counter zantac and prilosec to help decrease stomach inflammation

ginger can help decrease nausea as well

flat ginger ale

I'm glad you are feeling better

work on drinking a bit more fluids to dry to replace the fluids you lost with vomiting

gadorade, water, chicken broth can help

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)