Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

How do you distinguish between gas in you chest or an heart…

Customer Question
How do you distinguish...

How do you distinguish between gas in you chest or an heart attack

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Yes, a lite pain moving around in my chest but for the past few days I've been experiencing shortness in breath and fatigue

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have high blood pressure the right arm is 144/104 and the left 135/ 95

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Health
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/30/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD) replied 11 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD)

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

How old are you if I may ask?

42

The best way to differentiate gas pain from cardiac pain is that the pain comes and goes at random and there is no shortness of breath and it's not worse with exertion.

Anytime there is fatigue or shortness of breath it becomes hard to distinguish the pain from gas pain and we recommend an EKG and an exam to delineate it.

Ok

What you can try to do is go for a walk and perform some movements. If the pain is worse with exertion then it's definitely worth getting checked out. If it's only worse with certain body position changes then it could be muscular. If it's worse with eating then gas pain is possible.

Anytime the pain is constant and won't subside at all for more than a day then it's worth investigating it.

Hope that helps.