Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I shared this mole with you before. Photos taken almost a…

Hi there I shared this...
Hi there I shared this mole with you before.
Photos taken almost a month apart. Just monitoring over 3 months to see if there's any changes. Can you compare and please comment?
One side looks a bit more Brown to me but the seems to look the same on both walls if that makes sense
9/25/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

Hi again

I see no difference between the two photos

Thank you. Sending you a picture of picture of taken today that I have an area circled in yellow. Does this look like part of the mole is expanding or just the skin? I can't tell

No, it's not expanding--that's just normal skin around the edge

Okay thanks.
In the fact that looks like as two shades of brown isn't concerning?

No, not at all

All righty. Last question. Because you believe there's been no change I'm assuming you still feel this looks 100% benign, correct?And because I have been monitoring this mole for almost 3 months and haven't noticed any changes can it safely be ignored now? Or do I need to keep monitoring it monthly? Thanks

Correct

You don't need to monitor it yourself anymore--if I were your doctor I'd want to check it every 6 months for maybe another year

Thank you. Is that protocol what you would do with anyone with moles?

I'd do a skin check once a year

ok.
That sounds like a plan. So just to summarize nothing about this mole is concerning, has not changed and appearance and I should stop being concerned about this.
Does that about sum it up?

That sums it up perfectly

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
thanks.

As always--anytime