Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I can't keep anything down for the past 3 days, I did have…

Customer Question
I can't keep anything...

I can't keep anything down for the past 3 days, I did have unprotected sex 5 days ago, could it be related? I am a 63 yo male.

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

Yes, first time, pretty good shape, exercise and lift weights consistently for the past 25 years

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Health
9/25/2017
Health Professional: Eric Goldstein, Doctor (MD) replied 11 months ago
Eric Goldstein
Eric Goldstein, Doctor (MD)

Hello. My name is***** and I just read through your question.

It is highly unlikely that your symptoms are a result of the unprotected sex you had. it is way more likely that you have a mild stomach virus. This is very common. It can take a few days to resolve. In the meantime, make sure you remain well hydrated. Don't gulp down fluids, take a sip or two of a clear fluid every 10 - 15 minutes.