Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I accidentally took all my medication twice today. Cardizem…

I accidentally took all...

I accidentally took all my medication twice today. Cardizem 120 for extra heart beat, lisinopril 1mg, meloxicam, synthroid .88, sudafed 12 hr and otc potassium and magnesium

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Yes to family history. Feeling fine other than sinus headache

9/25/2017
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
Please provide some additional information.

What is your age and gender?

Have you taken double dose at the same time or with a gap of few hours?

Any symptoms so far?

Can you monitor your blood pressure and pulse rate at home?
Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.

I am almost 56 yr old female. Taken within minutes of each other. I can probably get BP and pulse checked at work (I am there already ) so far feel ok. Tried to make myself vomit right after realizing but not successful.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, double dose of such medicines is not considered overdose.

Still you can experience low blood pressure,dizziness,difficulty in concentration.

So I would advise you to monitor your blood pressure and pulse rate at regular intervals.

And start gatorade and eat small snacks every 2 hourly.

You should take rest.

Avoid driving.

And if your blood pressure'll be lower than 90/60 mm Hg then add some salt intake and drink hot coffee.

You should do deep breathing.

And miss your next dose as scheduled.

In case you feel shortness of breath,excessive sweating,low pulse rate,dizziness then see your doctor for a clinical exam ASAP.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thanks.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician