Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I've been coughing up blood having stomach pains ch pains I…

Customer Question
I've been coughing up...

I've been coughing up blood having stomach pains ch pains I already went to the hospital and they said everything was ok but now I have started having bad gas a lot and diarrhea

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

It's been good up until about 3 weeks ago

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had my appendix removed and three Hernias fixed

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Health
9/25/2017
Health Professional: Onlinedoc, General Physician replied 12 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
Please provide some additional information.

What is your age and gender?

Are you taking any medicines currently?

Nausea,vomiting?

Fever?

Dizziness?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.

24 male
No medicine
Fever is on and off
Dizziness not recently
to nausea have thrown up a few times

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, possible differential diagnosis may include viral infection,Intestinal bacterial overgrowth,Colitis.

You should take Over the counter peptobismol.

Take OTC Pepcid and Aleve.

Also start citrucel and Culturelle probiotic.

Take over the counter Gas X.

And maintain a good hydration with Gatorade.

Eat BRATY diet(banana,rice,apple sauce,toast and yogurt).

If your symptoms'll not show any improvement then see a doctor for a clinical exam.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thanks.

I have no need to go to the hospital for any of this
Health Professional: Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD) replied 12 months ago
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I have reviewed your question and other expert answer.

Well if you are unable to keep liquids down then you need to visit emergency room for IV fluids and anti-emetic injections and anti-spasmodic injection.

You can take such self care measures first and if you develop vomiting in next 1-2 hours then visit emergency room.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

I said nothing about not being able to keep them down
But I'm having blood getting coughed up and chest I can't even sleep cause it's so bad

Thanks for the follow-up.

You should try OTC liquid Emetrol which helps in relieving nausea and vomiting and take OTC Robitussin DM for cough.

Hydrate yourself gradually with Gatorade.

And if your symptoms'll persist then visit emergency room again.

Otherwise try other self care measures gradually.

Hope this helps.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.