Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My ankles and calves have started swelling about 2 weeks ago…

Customer Question
My ankles and calves...

My ankles and calves have started swelling about 2 weeks ago spontaneously. My hands go numb and my fingers and toes tingle for no reason. I have just been diagnosed with severe/chronic back pain; spinal stonosis at 39 years old. If I do have lymphedema which my primary care dr and er dr have both said I may have (because both Lasix and potassium will not help) what is lymphedema?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No recent injuries. I'm taking Percocet 10mg every 4 hrs even that is not helping the excruciating back pain. My MRI just came back and am waiting for my appt with the pain clinic. But can you explain what lymphedema is please?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I have the same pcp for 14 years

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Health
9/24/2017
Health Professional: Doctor John MD, Doctor (MD) replied 11 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Doctor (MD)

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

I have a few more questions to ask, is that ok?

have you had any blood work done recently?
Do you have any heart problems?
What medications do you take besides the lasix and potassium?

I did have blood work at the ER last week. ER told me all the labs showed was higher than normal enzymes in my liver.
I'm on a lot of medications: (no longer on lasix and potassium)
- lexapro 20 mg 2 tabs @ night (depression)
- Latuda 60 mg 1 tab @ night (depression)
- zanax 2 mg 1 tab @ night (to sleep;insomnia)
- zanax .5 mg up to tabs during day for anxiety (I have a severely disabled 6 yr old boy, nonverbal, non-communicative, in diapers etc.. extremely stressful.)
- seroquel 50 mg 1 tab to sleep @ night
- Percocet 5 mg 2 tabs every 6 hrs for chronic back pain (spinal stenosis - severe)
- imitrex 100 mg 1 tab w/1tab of Percocet for onset of migraine headache
- topomax 100 mg 4 tab (2 in AM and 2 @ night) for prevention of migraine.No heart problems.
Health Professional: Doctor John MD, Doctor (MD) replied 10 months ago

how long ago were you on the lasix?
Can you upload a picture of your legs?