Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My mom is having issues walking very far without getting…

Customer Question
My mom is having...

My mom is having issues walking very far without getting winded. She is overweight by 100 lbs but doesn't think that is the cause of being out of breath. She says she is weak and tired all the time. She has to soot to catch her breath. What does she need to do? Go to ER?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes she has. I think they have all told her to lose weight but she thinks that isn't the problem. She is on OxyContin, hydrocodone,venalaxin, lyrica.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Don't think so.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Health
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/24/2017
Health Professional: Dr K, Doctor (MD) replied 8 months ago
Dr K
Dr K, Doctor (MD)
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. Several of your mothers medications may make her short of breath, the OxyContin and hydrocone and the venlafaxine. She is obviously going to be short of breath all the time if she is morbidly obese. She might want to see a cardiologist to be sure her obesity has not lead to heart failure that may be causing short of of breath.
Dr K
Dr K
Dr K, Doctor (MD)