Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I hit my head on my car door about two hours ago it didn't…

Customer Question
I hit my head...

I hit my head on my car door about two hours ago it didn't hurt and I did not have a bump there- now I have a bump there but not in any pain. I put ice on it, should i be worried

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

I do not have a headache - it just happened two hours ago. The only reason I put ice on it was because of the bump

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Health
9/23/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 10 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

A bump is a very common occurrence here as this is a very vascular area which causes blood collection (hematoma). You have done right by applying ice. Please do it for 3-4 times a day (5 minutes each time).

This may take 5-7 days to go away.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

That is what I thought just wanted to make sure since it took like an hour for it to pop up.

If the oozing is more, bump comes immediately. If the oozing is slow, hematoma forms in some time.

It is privilege assisting you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/