Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

It all started couple of weeks back (09th September), with

Hello, it all started couple of weeks back (09th September), with neck muscle pain and niggle in throat while swallowing saliva or food.
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: Now, muscle pain is gone but since 14th I have this feeling of something stuck in throat, with difficulty in swallowing
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No pain, no fever, no breathing difficulty, no fever

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age and gender?

Phlegm at back of throat?

Stuffy nose,sore throat?

Constant throat irritation and clearing?

Alcohol and smoking?

Stress and anxiety?

Heartburn,nausea?

Are you taking any medications?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
History: smoker since 20 years with 10 cigarettes a day. Stopped completely since 5 days. History of regular bouts of gastritis, take Ranitidine 150 mg for gastei. Issues
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
44/male. No phlegm, no sneeze or stuffy nose. I am not sure if this heaviness of throat can be considered as sore throat. Having mild nausea since a week, after stopping smoking. I take Alcohol but not regularly. I lost my father on August 2nd, went to my country for 4 weeks and returned only on August 26th. So,along with my work related activities, stress and anxiety were there
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Took 5 days twice daily course of muscle relaxants -chlorzoxazone 500 mg, diclofenac sodium 50 mg, paracetamol 500 mg combination drug called Mobizox

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe difficulty in swallowing can be caused due to Esophagitis , Esophageal ,cricopharyngeal muscle spasm , GERD ,globus pharyngeus (a psychological phenomenon of something stuck in back of throat causing difficulty in swallowing), postnasal drip .

Your medications can also be contributing factors also.

So you need to be seen by your regular doctor again or consult a Gastroenterologist for a clinical examination and undergo Upper GI endoscopy,Esophageal manometry ,CT scan,Barium swallow for further evaluation.

You should try OTC Prilosec empty stomach and Zantac 150 mg at bedtime.

You should hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.
Eat small bites and soft semi-solid food for a while.

Avoid alcohol,caffeinated and carbonated beverages,spicy,fried food.

Do oral betadine rinse and saline gargles.

Precipitating factors are situations which worsen the symptoms.

Avoid stressful situation .

Eat your meal in calm and composed way.

Try some meditation and breathing exercises to beat the stress.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you doctor. With my history I was concerned if I had some sort of painless cancerous growth in my throat. I have scheduled for taking barium swallow test this Tuesday. I will do as advised and check if my symptoms reduce.thank you again for your time
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please provide your inputs on fear of cancerous growth, probability and symptoms IF it is cancerous growth

Chances of any cancerous growth are less likely.

I would really assure you.

Keep a positive attitude and try such self care measures in the meantime.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.