Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

I had an encounter with a sex worker. There was no

I had an encounter with a sex worker. There was no penetration. Just unprotected handjobs. But throughout the session, she kept kissing my body (stomach, chest, neck and nipples) She also licked my nipples for like 10 seconds. Also she sat on my leg shin area while she was in her underwear. (shin area for like 7 seconds) There was no broken skin upon insoection of the area.
Do i have anything to worry about from my exposure? Is hiv test warranted? If so, which gen? and what is the window period?

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
Please provide some additional information.

When was exposure?

Any symptoms?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
4 days ago. no symptoms so far

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, HIV transmission from kissing,hand job,licking are extremely slim.

So you needn't to worry about it until there was no penetration throughout incident.

And there is need for HIV testing.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
How about when she sat on my shin? She was wearing a skirt and had underwear on. What are the transmission rates of hiv while with underwear on. And also, do "microwounds" make it easier for hiv to get?Ive gotten a few awnsers saying that it is only a worry if the wound is bleeding. Can you tell me more?

Thank you for replying back.

Chances of HIV transmission from sitting on your shin while wearing underwear are nil.

And there would be deep wound with active fresh bleeding for HIV transmission.

No HIV transmission from microwounds.
So overall,your HIV risk from that exposure is very slim.

I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box if you are satisfied with our conversation.
Waiting for your reply.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
there is still a chance of hiv? as you said its "very low"?Should i still go and test? Im just afraid of the bad possibilities that can happen (may god keep them away) And even if i test, what is the window period? Also, from my exposure what would be the outcome of the test? (after looking at my question and nature of exposure)

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

HIV risk in your case is 1 in 100000.

You can go for HIV 4th generation testing after 4 weeks and repeat at 12 weeks.

Thank you for replying back.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Waiting for your reply.