Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Um, yes please, I have a lump that formed behind my ear but…

Customer Question
Um, yes please, I...

Um, yes please, I have a lump that formed behind my ear but not a lymph node. It actually looks like a deep pimple or an EIC just like an epidermal cyst. The next morning I had another lump pop up except it's about an inch lower and closer to the back of my neck however this one does not hurt and is deeper in the skin. And then to top it all off the next day after that I have a lump that has formed underneath my hairline about 4 to 5 inches above the original cyst and it is extremely painful causes pain when I move my head but there are no signs of bug bites or any kind of infection.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

No nausea, however the headache seems to come on more when I'm working vigorously but sometimes it'll just be a sharp throbbing pain if I like lay my head down or put something on my head

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am taking a few medications and I also have a nerve disorder in my back but I doubt that this is anything related

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Health
9/22/2017
Health Professional: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are having these lumps

how old are you?

can you upload a photo of the lump behind the ear.

it could be a deep pimple or epidermal cyst or subaceous cyst from a blocked skin pore or ingrown hair follicle

using exfoliating soap and scrubbing the area daily can help unblock skin pores to help.