Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My friend & my boxer dog grabbed frisbee at same time &

Customer Question
My friend & my...

My friend & my boxer dog grabbed frisbee at same time & tooth of my dog caught my friends thumbnail separating it from thumb 1/2 way down the nail bed. He is in terrible pain, we ran under cold water & wrapped tightly but what more can we do to relieve the throbbing pain

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?

No existing med conditions but we are at a vacation rental & no thermometer in rental home

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Health
9/22/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 10 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Every 4 hours Motrin and Tylenol alternate would help in pain significantly. Ice compresses every 2-3 hours for 5-7 minutes also is advised. Keep it elevated as much as possible.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl