Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I accidentally took an extra dose because I couldn't

remember if I taken my...
I accidentally took an extra dose because I couldn't remember if I taken my pill I take 100mg of Zoloft will I be okay
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: Confusion I like knowing you're my arms and back crying
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: Good
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nope
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/21/2017
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Doctor (MD)

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

I have a few more questions to ask, is that ok?

what time did you take the 2 doses of the Zoloft?

9am mst

and what other medications are you on?

Started that a week ago
I have been on the Zoloft 100mg for over 3 months

and at what time do you take the lamotrigine?

11am
Since I've been taking this for about 4 months and it has built up a tolerance already if I just go back to 100 mg tomorrow will I be okay

So the 200 mg Zoloft would not be considered an overdose fortunately, but obviously a higher dose than what you are used to.

You may notice some shakiness and possibly mild tremors or anxiousness today, but that should subside by this afternoon/evening.

If you have more severe symptoms, then I would recommend going to the ER for further evaluation.

and yes, you should be ok to go back to the 100 mg dose tomorrow.

I would suggest getting a weekly pill box to put your medications in, and that will help in the future from taking a second dose of medications.

Does that make sense?

Because Zoloft takes time to build up in your system up being a little bit won't hurt and I should go back to normal tomorrow taking 100 mg just like I have been normal

yes, the 200 mg Zoloft should not cause any long-term issue

but obviously go back to your 100 mg dose starting tomorrow.

Thanks so much

Does that answer your question?

If so, You’re welcome and glad to be able to help you today!

I would like to thank you for your question and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.

Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the series of 5 stars at the top of the screen.

The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.

You can also add a bonus if you were extremely happy with our service today.

You can always return and ask follow up questions if needed.

- Dr John.

Of course one more thing could I take a ambian to help

I would NOT recommend ambien or other drugs that are sedating since that may interfere with the metabolism of the zoloft.

I meant lorazepam

no, I would not recommend lorazepam either.

does that make sense?

just need something to calm me down though. What do you suggest?

I would recommend calling your doctor that prescribed the zoloft and lamotrigine

Ok thanks

you're welcome

I wanted to check in with you today and see if you had contacted your doctor and if you are feeling better.

Hi yes and I am feeling better. Little shaky but alright. Thanks for checking

you're welcome and glad you are feeling better!

- Dr John.

Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Doctor (MD)
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Doctor (MD)