Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Have a lump in anal cavity or boil. What do I need to do,

Customer Question
Have a lump in...

Have a lump in anal cavity or boil. What do I need to do

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?

Just noticed it last night. Hard

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/21/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 11 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Is this just adjacent to anal opening?

Is it painful, warm, tender?

Painful
Tender yes

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

You need an antibiotic course immediately. This is termed a perianal abscess. This can complicate and turn into a fistula. So you need to seek an urgent consultation with your doctor. Meanwhile, ice compresses in the area, Ibuprofen and local neosporin cream would help you.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thank you will consult Dr.

You are very welcome.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/