Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I had spoke with you once in the past and you were helpful..

Customer Question
Hello Dr. David I had...
Hello Dr. David I had spoke with you once in the past and you were helpful..I have red rash that has showed up on my penis as of yesterday, no pain no swelling or itching, no bumps blisters or lesions just red. It hasn't spread anywhere but hasn't got any better either. Just wanted a professionals opinion on if it should be something of concern or just possibly a reaction to something. I have no other symptoms and have only been sleeping with one woman who is clear of everything. I went swimming in the Bahamas and a pool a day prior without bathing for hours after. If that could have anything to do with it possibly.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Health
9/20/2017
Health Professional: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

yes, chlorine on the skin for a day without washing will cause a rash on your penis

you need to shower and wash off chlorine and pool water off of your body after you swim

and don't sit around in a wet bathing suit.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you think this would be any concern for an std or that it's probably just a reaction. Am I allowed to send a picture on here ?

it is not an STD.

yes, you can send a photo

do you see the "add file" link?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Three photos attached below

that is not from STD

that is from chlorine from the pool causing dermatitis.

you should shower after swimming in the pool

and don't wear a wet bathing suit for a long time.

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your responses lay questions any suggestions for treatment, l I've just beenputting cortisone anti rash and itch cream on there twice daily. Since yesterday and if he rash doesn't go away When should I see a doctor
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will for sure leave you a 5 star rating

you can see a doctor in 1-2 weeks

but I bet the rash will get better

you should shower once a day with mild soap and water

and keep the area dry