Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I read where one of your readers said she had worms coming…

Customer Question
I read where one...

I read where one of your readers said she had worms coming from her nose and a dr responded and told her to see a psychiatrist bc there's no such thing as worms in your nose well bully for that dr bc I've been dealing w these problems of tiny little white-esh clear tiny worms attached to some kind of cacoon made like a Bugar but the lil worm is moving

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?

This has been going on for about 3-4 weeks I've been putting these things in tissue then in old pill bottles I also have been passing large fat square looking things that looked very strange to me so I fished them out and to my surprise after these things dried out they become flat and have that worm -parasite look

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have sores all over my arms and legs and one sore will start out as a raised bump then a blister then that will rupture open no blood no fluids of any kind come out of this bump turned blister just a large hole in my arm or leg like a cigar burn then in a few days I'll have several more bsmaller bumps but they will run

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Health
9/20/2017
Health Professional: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Intestinal worms like pinworms and threadworms are known to occur in sites outside the intestines and anus.There are reports in medical literature of these worms being found in the nose and ears.Usually these are secondary to anal infections ,the itching at the site may occur and transfer after scratching may occur to other parts of the body.Enterobiasis( caused by the worm Enterobius vermicularis) or pin worms are small worms the male is about 4mm and the female is longer ,may be upto 1 cm.The female lays eggs outside the anus,(about 11000 eggs on an average which are not visible to the naked eye.These may be transferred to other sites and may be found there.A tape test done at night by your doctor may catch the eggs/worms.These can be treated by using Mebendazole/Pyrantel palmoate and using severe hygiene and aseptic measures.