Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My son has gurgling feeling in his left thigh, None just…

Hi my son has...

Hi my son has gurgling feeling in his left thigh

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

None just gurgling

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He was a premi

9/20/2017
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
Please provide some additional information.

What is his age?

Lower back pain?

Swelling,tenderness,pain,numbness in thigh?

Is it outer or inner side of thigh?

Is symptom persistent or comes & goes?

Is he taking any medicine?

Any other medical illness?
Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.

21 years old
No
Inner
Comes and goes
No men's
Asthma but not sense much dale school
Hello

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, possible differential diagnosis may include include Nerve compression, fasciculations- which are local involuntary muscle twitching.

He should do gentle massage with topical diclofenac sodium ointment.

Take OTC Advil.

He should do gentle stretching.

And avoid prolonged hours of sitting or standing in same position.

If his symptoms'll not improvement then see him to a doctor for a clinical exam.

Start a multivitamin and multimineral supplement.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thanks.

It's just traveled to his right eye
Are you still there?

This is benign fasciculation or Benign twitches- usually affects eye, thigh,calf and thumb- triggered by stress or anxiety,potassium or magnesium deficiency,electrolyte imbalance.

They will resolve with rest, vitamins and hydration with Gatorade.
Stress reduction is really important too
But if they get worse, more broad or associated with weakness or numbness, you need to see your physician.

I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box if you are satisfied with our conversation.
Waiting for your reply.

He sad he's also feeling pain he solar plexus area
Said

He should take OTC Pepcid and Advil.

Also do warm compresses with a heating pad.

Eat a bland diet.

Start citrucel.

Take Mylanta gas.

Hope this helps.

How do we know it's not a blood clot. He works out regularly and watches his diet.

As long as there is no tenderness,redness,bluish discoloration,swelling,severe pain and area warm to touch then chances of blood clot formation are very slim.

So you needn't to worry at all about it.

Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Waiting for your reply.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician