Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I hurt my ankle last night at a soccer game it hurts to turn…

I hurt my ankle...

I hurt my ankle last night at a soccer game it hurts to turn it or twist it and applying pressure on it hurts but there is no swelling at all should I be seen

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No recent injuries and there is no swelling

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Ok thank you

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having injury on ankle last night at a soccer game is most likely due to ankle sprain.

Most sprains heal without complications. About ten days is required for healing of a minor sprain, but full motion in the joint takes longer.

Following is recommended for you now:

• Take tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg from the counter.
  • Ice the area on and off. Put ice in a plastic bag, wrap the bag in a towel.Do not apply ice directly to the skin. Wrap the icepack in a towel.The cold reduces the blood flow to the area and therefore reduces the inflammation & hence pain.

• Apply analgesic gel such as diclofenac sodium twice a day
  • Have bed rest as much as possible.

All this will help you greatly.

If still after this,the symptoms persists.then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit is less likely required.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor