Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Second opinion] I think I need help! My right eye dilated…

Second opinion]...

Second opinion] I think I need help! My right eye dilated after sex last night and my right eye pupil is still Slightly bigger than the other today is it going to go away???

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

I'm overall good in health all I have is hypothoridism but this is my first time asking about this

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

That's it

9/19/2017
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)

A mild dilatation of pupil is normal before or during sex. This is a normal response of body. What you are describing is anisocoria (difference in pupil size of both eyes). The commonest causes of one eye pupil getting dilated are an injury to the eye, a lesion in brain (trauma, bleeding etc), if you are taking any medicines/drugs etc.

If you are not having any accompanied symptoms like headache, nausea, dizziness, loss of consciousness and your pupil size returns to normal, there is no need to worry. Just keep a watch fir next time. But if the pupil size does not return to normal or if you have other associated symptoms, then you need to show your doctor to rule out other possibilities.

Hope this information is helful

Regards

Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)