Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Is it ok to grind up Depicote to add it to Yogurt since the…

Is it ok to grind...
Is it ok to grind up Depicote to add it to Yogurt since the pills are so big and hard to swallow? How about Trazadone?
9/19/2017
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. SOrry for the late response but i was offline. Anyway regarding your question, depakote SHOULD NOT be crushed up and added to the yogurt as they have a special coating which allows them to be absorbed quickly. It should not be crushed and instead swallowed whole. In case of trazodone, you can certainly crush that tablet and take it with food, there is no special coating on the trazodone.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)