Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I had a cortisone shot with numbing agent today in a knee…

Customer Question
I had a cortisone...

I had a cortisone shot with numbing agent today in a knee inflamed by a scope. 3.weeks ago. Then the PA gave me vimov to keep me from taking so many Motrin for pain. I took 1 Vimov at 1pm. At 3pm I began to notice my heart racing. At 4pm I was short of breath. Both continue now a 9pm. Both arms are starting to ache. I took two klonopin .5 about an hour ago to try and calm me down (those are prescribed to me for anxiety) Should I go to the ER or continue to lay on my bed to see if my heart stops racing and breath returns to normal. I am a 52YO white woman with no known allergies to medicine. Is this possibly an allergic reaction to the Vimov? Thank you.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

It's actually Vimovo, with 2 o's

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have only been dealing with this since 3pm today when the first symptoms of racing heart & pulse appeared, shortness of breath at 4pm. I still am experiencing both at 9:06pm

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/16/2017
Health Professional: Doctor John MD, Doctor (MD) replied 8 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Doctor (MD)

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 8 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

The previous expert has opted out.

Do you still need help?

Family Physician, Doctor (MD)