Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

When I woke this morning I had trouble focusing my vision.

Customer Question
This happened for the first...
When I woke this morning I had trouble focusing my vision. This happened for the first time 5 days ago, Sunday afternoon when I was walking my dogs. It came on suddenly and with mild nausea. Since then This has occurred several times, including yesterday evening after work on the bus home. On Sunday I needed to drive home and found it difficult to drive just the six blocks or so because of difficulty being able to focus. It seems the right eye is worse. When I close one eye the problem seems to get better. I have a history of migraines, am a 61 yr old woman, Dx Graves disease, thyroid removed 2 months ago. I needed to drive into work today but do not feel I can. Also believe I am seeing "ghost" images occasionally, grey areas in the peripheral vision. Any ideas what may be causing this? I saw my eye dr a month ago. No problems other than a benign floater in my retina I believe, very nearsighted (-8, -9), eye pressure on higher end of normal. Hope you can help
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Health
9/14/2017
Health Professional: Onlinedoc, General Physician replied 8 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
Please provide some additional information.

Associated neck stiffness,clogged ears?

Blurred vision,headache?

Confusion?

Can you monitor your blood pressure at home?

Stress and anxiety issues?

Dizziness?

Are you taking any medicines?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.

Family Physician, Doctor (MD)