Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Urgent Care Physician
96392890

I have a rash kind substance on my fingers and toe since

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** I have a rash kind substance on my fingers and toe since birth. It disappears a little some times and re appears agiain. I was told my parent did everything to solve the problem. But I later tried myself by visiting a dermatologist who said it's " Cairo pofolix" I might not have gotten the spelling right though. He injected the spots and the rash left. But later appeared. I was also told my mum has it on her ankle too
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: it itches me once in awhile especially when it's coming out
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: The itching isn't serious per se. It's just the embarrassing site. I have applied several cream that sometimes make it vanish and surfaces after a while. Even the dermatologist injected the spots, it healed like after effect of fire burn. It was whitish . But came out again after a long while. My late mum has same thing
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: My mum has it too. My fear is for my kids not to come with it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

Do you happen to have pictures of what this rash looks like?

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

What you are likely referring to is called pompholyx which I am very familiar with.

It can be genetic so it's possible to pass it on to kids but not always.

Please let me know what questions you have about it.

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

Glad I could help.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Please click on "Rating" when done.