Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have a rash kind substance on my fingers and toe since…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** I have a rash kind substance on my fingers and toe since birth. It disappears a little some times and re appears agiain. I was told my parent did everything to solve the problem. But I later tried myself by visiting a dermatologist who said it's " Cairo pofolix" I might not have gotten the spelling right though. He injected the spots and the rash left. But later appeared. I was also told my mum has it on her ankle too

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

It itches me once in awhile especially when it's coming out

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

The itching isn't serious per se. It's just the embarrassing site. I have applied several cream that sometimes make it vanish and surfaces after a while. Even the dermatologist injected the spots, it healed like after effect of fire burn. It was whitish . But came out again after a long while. My late mum has same thing

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My mum has it too. My fear is for my kids not to come with it

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/13/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD)

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Do you happen to have pictures of what this rash looks like?

What you are likely referring to is called pompholyx which I am very familiar with.

It can be genetic so it's possible to pass it on to kids but not always.

Please let me know what questions you have about it.

Glad I could help.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Please click on "Rating" when done.