Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My 83 year old dad has been declining in health & losing…

Customer Question
My 83 year old...

My 83 year old dad has been declining in health & losing weight. He has nausea & pain. Recently had CT Head, Chest, Abdomen, Pelvis & MRI Thoracic & Lumber scans. Results show lining thickening. Can no longer belch (used to be big belcher)

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?

Head? He does seem to have equilibrium/balance problems. Wondering cause of thick lining. Decline & stomach issues have been last 5 years, more weight loss this past year.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Has tested positive for Hpylori in previous years. (He's had 13 surgeries in his lifetime - heart, back, knee; gall bladder)

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Health
9/13/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 11 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Is this thickening of internal lining of intestine?

Report said stomach wall...I wish I had this question when talking to dr this afternoon

A stomach thickening can be due to following;

1) Stomach inflammation

2) Cancer; linitis plastica.

3) Obstruction of the small intestine which causes stomach to work more.

4) Gastroparesis.

A stomach biopsy is usually required to ascertain the diagnosis.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl