Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I've been ill now for 12 weeks and kept having attacks at…

Customer Question
Hello I've been ill...

Hello I've been ill now for 12 weeks and kept having attacks at night reacting to foods etc. I caught gastroenteritis I'm June on top of bring ill and went on a low histamine diet. They also found parasites so in my stupidity went into metrodinazole and has a huge reaction to it and was very ill. I ended up not being able to even drink water. I ended up in hospital and had an endoscopy. They found I had a hiatus hernia and gastritis. I am now on lanzaprozole nearly 2 days and rantidine but still can hardly eat anything and can only sip water or all the acid problems come back I also still have stomach pain. How long dies it take to heal gastritis abd is it worth trying a very mild probiotic. I'm so did cared of trying anything. Thank you I've also lost 2 abd half stone in 12 weeks Regards Michelle

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Eating really

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have no gallbladder taken out in 2010

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 9 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Do you have any persisting heartburn, diarrhea/constipation, nausea, vomiting, fever, loss of appetite, bloating, gas, tenderness on abdomen?

but also dizziness as well it affects my vision only got constipation cos I'm not really eating that much

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Michelle,

Lansoprazole can take almost 5-7 days to resolve gastritis. You may consider taking Mylanta too with it which may give you immediate relief.

Probiotic would definitely help you, so you may start it.

You may gradually increase the following;

1) Gatorade / Pedialyte

2) Plenty of fluids

3) banana, rice, applesauce, toast. vegetable broths / vegetable soups, coconut water also can help.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Is gastritis normally so painful and cant drink or eat properly or is the hiatis hernia also causing problems.

It is primarily the gastritis which is causing pain, which is significantly painful condition.

Hiatus hernia contribute to the pain.

Following measures are recommended;

1) antacids; Maalox, mylanta

2) acid blocker; Lansoprazole

3) loosing weight, if overweight.

4) avoiding alcohol, citrus fruits and juices, chocolate, and tomato based products

5) avoiding large meals. Eat 5 small meals in a day.

6) wait three hours after the meal before you sleep.

7) elevate head end of the bed by 8 inches.

It is privilege assisting you

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl