Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I had a heart attack March 19th of this year, I'm 36, and…

Customer Question
I had a heart...

I had a heart attack March 19th of this year, I'm 36, and waited 6 months to have my cardiologist order follow up tests due to a high D-dimer reading and an eGFR of 62, lactic acid rose from arrival to ER. .3 points putting it at 2.8, my PCP had me wait to see cardiologist, cardiologist says my PCP should do it and I went from high blood pressure to low blood pressure. My Dr's won't answer me and I've been told it's due to soonercare, but I'm getting dizzy a lot, severe pain around right kidney and left chest up over shoulder to back of rib cage. Widow mother of 4, needing questions answered.

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

My biological grandparents died young, I'm the 1st that we know of...

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My Dr thinks blood clot, but there's been no tests ran since the March 19th attack. They reduced my metroprolol tartrate again stopped my losarton altogether in March, and took me off my estrogen supplement due to a full hysterectomy 5 years ago.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Health
9/12/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD)

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

What's the question you have that I may answer for you? Thank you for the information you provided, I read through it carefully.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I followed Dr's orders and I went from high blood pressure to low which somehow caused my D-Dimer to double the normal range and kidney disease, which I didn't have either until last heart attack and I'm having awful pain like a vice grip holding my entire left side, front and back, severe and constant dizziness, as well as pain that's worsened near right kidney. What aren't my Dr's telling me?

What stage kidney disease do you have?

DDimers aren't a major concern, we don't normally monitor nor track them, any particular reason why your doctors are concerned about them?

Severe and constant dizziness is often due to vertigo, rarely blood pressure since blood pressure issues only happen at random. However, if your blood pressure is below 90/60 you could get some on and off dizziness.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was told 4 years ago I had approximately 3 years to live, I am still here, but feel they might be passing be around to avoid what they already told me. I'm a widow and need to know if I actually get them to follow up on bloodwork and it's the same, how much time is there?

The severe pains you are describing sound more like muscle spasms and less kidney issues.

Kidneys don't actually hurt unless they are infected or there are kidney stones.

If you let me know what your kidney test results were then I can give you more feedback on that.

What's the reason that you were told you only have 3 years to live? Which if your diagnosis is the fatal one?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The eGFR was 62

A GFR of 62 is fairly normal, not too far off. A little low for your age but it doesn't indicate any major kidney disease. I think there is some information I am missing here or perhaps you were misinformed by your doctors?

You can have a GFR of 45 and live until age 100. So again, the GFR you posted doesn't indicate anything serious.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Liver disease, spinal deformities, CHF, extrinsic asthma, huge hiatel hernia, lung deformity, the list goes on.

None of these would give you a 3 year life span but again, I don't have all the information to give you more information on that. Let's get back to your question. You're asking what your doctors aren't telling you, could you be more specific?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I research and obtain my own medical records because I'm on soonercare for chronic health. I'm disabled physically, but mentally very bright. I thought maybe I'd get a more reliable answer to a question I have researched. I'm a college grad in law and psych, but know as much if not more than my Dr's. Anything below 60 is closer to kidney failure than disease. You never addressed the D-Dimer being twice that of normal range. I very much think I'll be going through the refund process as your answers are incorrect.

Please feel free to seek out the refund.

Sorry I wasn't able to help you.

I'll opt out of this question in case another physician with more knowledge than myself can assist you.