Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I have this sensation in my head which is causing me to feel

Customer Question
Hi. I have this sensation...
Hi. I have this sensation in my head which is causing me to feel drained/tired. It feels like something is moving in my skull. No headache but feel nauseas. Feel like I could pass out. Any idea what causes this? Or any way to prevent this happening?
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: Yes nauseous. I can wake up feeling like this.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am 66 and have been taking hormone replacement pills since I was in my late 40's. I stopped them for about 6 months but had to go back on them as I felt awful
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Health
9/11/2017
Health Professional: Doctor John MD, Doctor (MD) replied 2 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Doctor (MD)

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

I do have a few more questions to ask, is that ok?

Email only please
Online only I meant

thank you for the response. sorry to hear that you are not feeling well.

1. How long have you felt like this?
  2. Is the sensation getting worse since it started, or has it stayed about the same?
  3. Have you seen your doctor for this problem yet?
  4. What is your biggest concern about your symptoms?
1. 2 years
2. Feeling not gett No worse but occurring more often
3. Yes. Had MRI scan for brain tumour which I don't have. No solution as yet
4. The debilitating affect its having on my life. Losing days at a time as I have to lie down
I used to be on hormonan tablets for HRT but they are no longer available and my doctor changed my tablets to elleste solo 1mg tablets. I am on these twice a week.
This change in tables was Over 2 years ago.

thank you for those answers. Its reassuring that you have had a normal MRI of the head.

Have you seen a neurologist or other specialist for this issue, or only your regular physician?
Has your blood pressure been normal as well in the past two years sine your symptoms started?
Have you had any blood work done in the past 6 months?

Blood pressure normal. It was the neurolgist that organised the MRI scan

And have they done any heart tests on you as well?

They thought I had a slow heart rate but it was actually the opposite. But no cause for alarm there

Have you seen a cardiologist as well?
And what type of heart tests did they do?

I had a heart monitor for a week. I saw the cardiologist
Everything was ok

Good, I wanted to make sure they had done the holter monitor (one week heart teat). an EKG does not always catch problems with irregular rhythms.

Is there any dizziness or vertigo with the symptoms?

Constantly. My head just swims

And have you seen a Ear, Nose and Throat specialist?

No

That would be my recommendation since you have already seen the neurologist and had a cardiac workup. Your symptoms may be due to a problem in the inner ear and a ENT specialist would be able to diagnose and direct proper treatment for you.

Did my response fully answer your question?

If so, I would like to thank you for your question and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.

Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the series of 5 stars at the top of the screen.

The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.

You can also add a bonus if you were extremely happy with our service today.

You can always return and ask follow up questions if needed.

- Dr John.

Ok thank you.

youre welcome, and let us know in the future if you have any other questions.

-Doc John

Hi, just checking to see if you have any more questions about this topic. If you don't, please select a rating above so that I can close out your question.

Thanks!

Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Doctor (MD)