Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

The meter display is very faint even after inserting new

Customer Question

The meter display is very faint even after inserting new batteries. It is an Accu-Chek Compact Plus. Serial no.6714081254. What to do? Screen is barely readable - very faint. Thank you for any help.
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?
Customer: Accu-Chek Compact Plus, Model GT Problem for 1 week.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: didn't know I had to, or how.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

how old is the unit? if it is a few years old, there may be something wrong with the display .

you may have to buy a new blood glucose monitoring unit if this one is not displaying your reading properly

https://www.amazon.com/Accu-chek-Compact-Plus-Diabetes-Monitoring/dp/B004W5PGMG/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1505120915&sr=8-3&keywords=accu-chek+compact+plus

is another new unit

repairing old units often are more expensive than just buying a new unit

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com