Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My husband saw worms 2 weeks ago. He has taken Reese's OTC…

Customer Question
My husband saw worms...

My husband saw worms 2 weeks ago. He has taken Reese's OTC treatment 3 days ago. Can I get it from normal sex? I have a phobia with worms. Bad times:(

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

Yes, first time. I am a 6th grade school teacher. I now change sheets daily. Towels washed daily. This is bad bad bad to me. I am healthy.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No ma'am.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Health
9/9/2017
Health Professional: dochealey, Senior Consultant replied 11 months ago
dochealey
dochealey, Senior Consultant

Welcome to justanswer.I amCustomerand your complete satisfaction is my goal.

I need help please. My husband has pinworns. I am scared to death to be even close to him. He is a cuddly person and wants to have sex and I am scared to.

The answer to your question is " No".You cannot get infected with worms if you have normal intercourse.You cannot get infected with cuddling as well.

Feel free to ask any follow up questions.

Thank you. If it happens to me, I will be freaking out because I hate worms. So the eggs can not transfer to me? When they lay after he has slept?

Eggs have to move from his anal area to your mouth to cause any infection.That cannot happen in normal sexual activity.

They have no chance at survival in my vaginal area?
Do I need to wash sheets and towels every night??

They cannot come to your vagina from his anus in the first place and even if somehow they reach the vagina they cannot get to your intestinal tract from vagina.For that, they have to go through your mouth.

Yes, you should wash his clothes, towels, and bedsheets daily to destroy the eggs.

Thank you sir.

Thanks and best of luck.

Do take a moment to rate my answer.

Oh goodness. You have been helpful. But wishing me luck does not make me feel good about this:(
I need absolution not luck sir.

Do not let your anxiety about this overpower you.He has started the treatment and that should help him become noninfective.

I have a student. She eats her hair from her head, eyebrows, eyelash, arms and legs. She has scabs and open sores. Is this sanitary?¿?
My school says it's psychical from abuse. I'm fine with that. But the physical implications are killing me. I sanitize my room daily. But she handed her homework in with hair on it and I feel obliged to do something.

She is suffering from a condition known as Tricophagia.

This is a psychological issue and should be treated by a psychologist or a psychiatrist.

Open sores are not sanitary.

Her homework with her hair should not cause any problem.

It disables me from teaching her. The self mutilasion. She is sweet and bright. How can I deal with this? Besides gloves, giving her gum, Velcro, telling her to stop, etc.? I have 2 girls. This literally sickens me.

Please open a new thread for this.This is a separate topic and website rules stipulate that a new thread is started for an unrelated topic.