Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

I have a high see rate of 68 with a crop of 150 and a kappa

Customer Question

I have a high see rate of 68 with a crop of 150 and a kappa free light chain of 3.39.... can you help me decipher what this is pointing to?
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: I have some low grade fevers, intermittent rashes, unexplained angioedema, hip pain and stomach bloating and fatigue
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: No nausea but I have lost some weight
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have been overweight and have had heartburn in the past
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

how old are you?

are you male or female?

high sed rate is a general blood test which looks for inflammation in your body.

kappa and lamda are proteins which make up antibodies to help fight off infections.

higher or lower levels of these kappa and lambda heavy and light chains really don't tell us too much

protein electrophoresis blood tests are used to look for M spike monoclonal protein bands which can be a sign of multiple myeloma cancer.

your symptoms don't point to one medical condition.

what is your height and weight?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am 6'5 and 250 lbs. I lost about 40 lbs in the last 5 months. I have gone gluten and dairy free but my appetite isn't what it used to be. I'm tired all the time and get hive type rashes a few times per week and have been having angioedema for a few months now. Some portions of my face and/or hands swell. I also have some abdominal bloating but no diarrhea. I have been to an allergist an immunologist and I don't actually have any allergies to food or environmental things. My CRP went from 97 in july to 150 now. Sed rate of 68 seems so high as does the Kappa light chain result of 3.30 and a ratio of 1.86. I just received my C-anca titer with a result of <1:20, a p-anca of <1:20 atypical p-anca <1:20.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

I am glad you have lost weight

it sounds like you have some types of inflammation in your body somewhere

you may need more blood testing.

C-anca of < 1:20 is normal

you should ask for ANA blood tests C reative protein levels

you may benefit from see a rheumatologist and getting more testing such as

antibodies to double-stranded DNA (anti-dsDNA) tests,
antibodies to histone tests,
antibodies to phospholipids,
antibodies to Ro/SS-A and La/SS-B,
antibodies to Sm target Sm proteins in the cell nucleus,
antibodies to RNP target ribonucleoproteins
rheumatoid factor and anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (anti-CCP) antibodies.

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com