Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have had gential lesions for over three years. Had a

Customer Question
I have had gential...

I have had gential lesions for over three years. Had a recent IgG for HSV 2 that showed a value of .11

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Does though the test says negative my doctor thinks I'm positive because my most recent outbreak was a few weeks ago.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No fever sometimes I get a skin rash (they thought it was poison oak but it's not) and I get canker sores every once in a while

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

Skin issue occurs once a year on my arms and neck and I take a steroid to treat it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/6/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD) replied 11 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD)

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

The blood test isn't very accurate for testing for active or even dormant HSV2.

I wasn't quite clear on what you wrote. I believe you said that your last genital outbreak was 3 years ago. But you also had a recent outbreak 2 weeks ago.

Please let me know what your question is and I'm happy to help you.

Please let me know if you have further questions I may clarify.