Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

My clitoral cannot be seen not do I feel it. I am 71 & with

Customer Question

My clitoral cannot be seen not do I feel it. I am 71 & with the exception of masturbation, I had not had sex in 16 years. My husband died 4 years ago & was sick for some time before.. There was nothing wrong in or se x dept. My uterus was removed when I was 26 & my ovaries 6 years ago. I have always been I hormone replacement& now I use the Estridol Patch 0.05MG 1 time week. I recently started having a relationship with a guy.I get turned on but not anything like I should. I want to enjoy this as much as he does but I need clitoral stimulation and if it's not there, or at least I can't see it feel it. I need help!!Thank you!
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: I have had a colon resection 2 x in one year as the first Dr. tell made a complete mess. I had heart bypass 2007. I have low thyroid (use 75mg synthesis 1/day). Drs. tell me I am in
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I don't think so.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

Have you tried clitoral stimulation to see if you can get aroused during intercourse?

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

If you are able to masterbate then likely the clitoris is intact along with its blood flow and nerve supply. Could it be that your partner just hasn't figured out how to stimulate you the way you like to be stimulated?