Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I franked a month full of Diesel fuel by mistake but

I franked a month...

I franked a month full of Diesel fuel by mistake but immediately threw it back up, what should I do, I ate a piece of bread and dranked a bottle of water am I in any danger, Johnny....

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

None...

Typo error dranked not franked...
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I haven't gotten an answer to my question yet..
8/23/2017
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your situation. I JUST came online to see that you have been waiting for some time so ill quickly answer your question for you. Actually drinking diesel by itself would not cause any serious issues apart from mild burning inside the stomach (burning sensation NOT actually burning of the stomach lining), nausea and vomiting. You may feel the burning sensation in the stomach, nausea etc for a period of 24 hours at the most. The serious effects of intake of diesel occurs IF you have actually inhaled the diesel. if it gets into your lungs that can lead to problems such as shortness of breath, wheezing, coughing and even sweating or chest pain. if that occurs then you will need to head to the ER and get this evaluated with a chest xray and get supplemental oxygen. IF you DONT have any symptoms related to the lungs whatsoever, then you should be fine, diesel does not cause permanent harm to the stomach and other gastrointestinal structures and since you vomited it out anyway then it is unlikely that you will suffer from any trauma.

But the symptoms of burning or stomach discomfort should be managed and you can do that at home with the help of using OTC prilosec at a dose of 10 mg twice a day for 3-4 days which should provide relief. Also if you see that you are passing black colored stools or have any blood in your vomit THEN head to teh ER where they will give you IV medications but i DONT think that is going to happen.

Also, sorry for the late reply but i was offline and apparently no other expert was online at this time of the night.

Do you have any more questions? i would be happy to discuss this further with you.

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)