Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Chip. Earlier I communicated it concerned about my

Hey Dr Chip. Earlier I...
Hey Dr Chip. Earlier I communicated it concerned about my daughter's knee and some issues she was having with a dislocating. Since our last correspondence Ernie has really been fine. No problems walking or even running occasionally. No pain no swelling.
I've been having to wear a brace on it when she's walking which she usually takes off when she's doing exercises for her name or when resting.
My question to you is this. She has an appointment scheduled for this Wednesday with a pediatric orthopedist. However I'm questioning whether or not to keep this appointment based on the fact she has no symptoms at this time.
Do you see any value in her keeping this appointment?
Thank you
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/21/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

What exactly was the appointment for?

Just to take a look at that knee again to make sure everything was okay.

Well I'm really not supposed to tell you not to do what a doctor has said for you to do

But I see absolutely nothing now that that visit would accomplish

Thank you. That was my thinking too. I think what I'll do is just push it back a month and if she has another episode of dislocation then at least we'll have her on the books for an appointment. Until then I'll have her do her knee strengthening exercises.
Does that sound reasonable to you? Thanks

Sounds like a plan

Thank you.

You're welcome

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)