Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Several episodes of burning discomfort just at tip of penis…

Several episodes of burning...

Several episodes of burning discomfort just at tip of penis after ejaculation

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?

Seems like a handful of times over the past month maybe

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No other symptoms

8/21/2017
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Your symptoms are suggestive of prostatitis. This is a non STD prostate infection due to pyogenic organisms which causes referred pain to penis. To confirm the diagnosis, following are helpful;

1) A digital rectal exam by doctor would elicit tenderness on prostate.

2) A urine culture

3) Semen culture

4) Culture of prostate fluid after prostate massage expressed from penis.

The culture tests not only confirms the infection and causative organisms but also tells about the most efficacious antibiotic to treat it.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

1. Would I have any other symptoms with prostatitis?
2. What is cause of the infection?
3. Is it best to see urologist or any general practitioner?

One may have not other symptoms with prostatitis.

This is pyogenic infection so it is a non STD infection. The cause may not be known or clear.

It is best to see the urologist.

It is privilege assisting you.

Thank you

You are very welcome.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)