Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Bad pain sternum, 45 minutes. Pain has gone 10 to 8 on a…

Bad pain sternum Doctor's...

Bad pain sternum

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

45 minutes. Pain has gone 10 to 8 on a 1-10 scale

8/21/2017
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
Please provide some additional information.

What is your age and gender?

Nausea,heartburn?

Shortness of breath?

Heaviness in chest?

History of injury?

Cough?

Are you taking any medicines?

Any other medical illness?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.

58 a little nausea no meds. No illness

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, possible differential diagnosis may include Gastroesophageal acid reflux,Costochondritis,Coronary Artery Disease,Angina.

I would advise you to see a doctor at emergency room rather than consider a watchful wait.

You can take OTC Pepcid and Aspirin in the meanwhile.

Such pain can be life threatening.

See a doctor ASAP.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thanks.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician