Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have a Benadryl pill stuck in the back of my throat. It is…

I have a Benadryl...

I have a Benadryl pill stuck in the back of my throat.

Doctor's Assistant: How severe is this?

It is not bad. I have drank lots of liquids and taken a teaspoon of coconut oil.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. I am 74 and pretty healthy.

Answered in 1 minute by:
8/21/2017
Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

How long back you had taken this pill?

Do you have shortness of breath?

Pain during swallowing?

How do you know it is stucked?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Over an hour. Breathing is fine. I can feel it.no pain. No pain.

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problems.

Well, from the description it sounds ,what you are feeling is a scratch in the throat from the pill on the way down and not a pill stuck there.

This can also be gastroesophageal reflux. There is no pill in throat.

Please be relaxed and stop worrying.

You can take plenty of fluids and take syp. pepto bimsol.

You can do gargles as well.

If you feel your symptoms are getting worse and feel gagging, vomiting, swallowing difficulties, or breathing troubles, then you should go to the ER.

You should be safe and in few hours, such symptoms would get resolve.

Please be relaxed.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Thanks. I appreciate the detailed information. I will relax.��

Dear,

Most Welcome.

God bless you !!

Thanks for using justanswer.com

Don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh