Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have some questions about levothyroxine. The instructions…

Hi. I have...

Hi. I have some questions about levothyroxine. The instructions say no calcium or iron for 4 hours after taking it. I haven't found anything that doesn't have a little calcium or iron in it. Can you give me some breakfast suggestions? Also, next week I am running in a relay. Based on my team's projected paces, I will be running my first 7.5 miles beginning at 8 am. This is going to be difficult with no fuel in my body. How badly will I throw the medication off if I eat something? Lastly, I am noticing hair loss. What can I do to prevent or slow this down and will it come back. I don't have a thick hair to begin with and if this continues, more people than just me will notice.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No allergies, just the levothyroxine.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I've been going back and forth between diarrhea and constipation for a couple years.

8/19/2017
DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. Thanks for using our services.

They are talking about supplements.

Not whole food.

Any whole food breakfast, not refined, is fine.

Bacon and eggs, oatmeal, etc.

You should not have fake food that is fortified with iron or calcium.

Most regular food choices are fine.

OK, let me know if you have further questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)

I strive for 5 ratings.

I have given you quite an accurate answer, and hopefully this has resolved the issue for you.

If you did not see my offer to address any further questions until you were quite happy, please let me know.

DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)