Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Worried about ecolli in lung. Boyfriend just had robotic…

Worried about ecolli in...

Worried about ecolli in lung. Boyfriend just had robotic heart surgery

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

He had bypass surgery father has heart disease also

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Diabetes, copd cad pad

8/19/2017
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
Please provide some additional information.

What is your age?

Do you have symptoms like fever,cough,shortness of breath?

Any medical illness?

Duration of symptoms?

Smoking and alcohol consumption?

History of any recent exposure to any infection?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.

58 yr old / fever, diarrhea, pain in chest and back. Copd diabetes cad pad emphazema. No exposure that I'm aware of
Txt please no calls

OK.

I'll reply you soon.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, Respiratory tract infections due to E coli are uncommon.

However E coli pneumonia may result from microaspiration of upper airway secretions that have been previously colonized with this organism in severely ill patients who have underlying disease such as diabetes mellitus,chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and E coli UTI.

In suspected cases,sputum culture,chest X-ray,CBC,ESR are advised to determine E. coli bacteria.

It can also determine which antibiotics would be best in treating this bacteria -- and presumably doxycycline (along with Bactrim) are the first drugs used, because they cover a lot of the different bacteria seen in these lung infections (which could be bronchitis, infection of the airways in the lungs.

So you should see your doctor for a clinical exam.

Start a probiotic and citrucel for diarrhea.

Maintain a good hydration.

Take OTC Pepcid and Tylenol.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thanks.

He is on the bactrum. He is still getting fever. Spots on his tongue, diarrhea cold sweats. Should he wait to see pulmonary on Monday or get him to hospital

Thank you for replying back.

If fever is more than 101 F with severe diarrhea then see him soon and get him to hospital.

Otherwise diarrhea can be antibiotic induced.

And probiotic,citrucel can help in relieving diarrhea.

Do tap water sponging.

Maintain a good hydration with Oral rehydration solution.

Monitor his blood pressure and blood sugar levels.

Do listerine mouth wash.

I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box if you are satisfied with our conversation.
Waiting for your reply.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician